Google is among the most successful organizations all around the globe at the moment, and for valid reasons as well. The American based multinational giant offers several best-in-the-class applications for the users to avail. One of the most used apps among Google’s suite is Maps, as it helps out people in their daily run-ins.
The app helps you out in saving time and stress by avoiding traffic on a daily basis. It even lets you save addresses for important like home or work. Need to know the best route to reach somewhere? Google Maps will help you do so. The app can help you out in numerous activities such as finding the best stays, amazing food stalls, and everything you need to know about a place.
However, its perks are not limited to this as the app offers numerous hidden features you may not know about. Downloading a map for offline use and finding a place to park is the tip of the iceberg. Read on and learn the 4 best-hidden tricks in Google Maps you need to use.
1. Offline Maps
It seems like the universe telling to you get lost as you lose your signals when you need them the most. However, there is a workaround to get out of this situation, as well. Google Maps let you download an offline copy of your route so that even if the connection is lost, you can safely reach your destination. Here is how you can avail it:
- Open Google Maps and look for your destination.
- Press on the place or address name present at the bottom of your screen.
- Press on the three-dot option present on the upper-right corner.
- Press on Download offline map.
- Press Download.
It will download an offline copy of the route you have selected.
2. Include stop son your trip plans
Google Maps is not to blame if it took you an hour more than the app’s evaluation to reach the destination. It happened because you did not include stops in your plans, and Maps did not account for them. Add the stops on your route from next time to get a more realistic evaluation.
- Launch the app and enter your desired destination.
- Press on Directions.
- Press on the three-dot option at the top-right corner.
- Press Add Stop.
- Calculate all the stops you think you would take and add them.
- Tap on Done when you are done.
3. Quickly find a parking spot
Finding a spot to park your car when you are getting late is almost like a blessing. Stop hoping to find a vacant parking spot and make effective use of Google Maps.
- Enter the desired location on Google Maps.
- Press Directions.
- An option named P appears next to the estimated time. The P stands for parking.
- Tap on P.
- In case it is red, then it means limited parking. However, a blue one indicates a medium challenging one.
- Locate parking.
- You will get a list of every parking area.
- Choose any one and then press Add parking.
4. Check out the place before visiting it
Check out the site with Google Maps before investing your time in visiting it.
- Search for any location in Google Maps.
- You will get a tiny box at the bottom left corner that looks like a building. It contains the area’s street view.
- The user can check the area out by zooming in and swiping with their fingers.
Avail these features to make your travel much more comfortable.
Kellie Minton is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.